Free PDF Tutorials from CakeJournal

Cake: beautiful and yummy. No party is complete without it, and trust me, I'm all about a good party! Alas, this is one area in my cookbook that I tend to skip over. My mom has a whole layout with delicious cake recipes, but I've only tried one...and notice, there is no blog post...yet. Here are the pages from my scrapbook cookbook:


I know that it has to be somewhere in my blood because all of these recipes come from family members. Maybe I'll get there someday.  In the meantime, let me just admire those who have this gift of confection perfection. My mom and aunt pointed me to this great website all about cakes. After browsing the CakeJournal for a while, dreaming big dreams, I read this post, graciously offering some free tutorials on cake/cookie decorating. All I have to do is tell people about it!  So here I am, encouraging all of you wanna be (or real life) cake artists to check out the CakeJournal.com! Maybe this is the kick-start that I need!

Oh and about the other fabulous bakers in my bloodline. Check it out:
Exhibit A: Coconut Cake made famous by Granny. Seriously, famous.

Exhibit B: My Aunt Lisa makes some awesome cakes, including the groom's cake at our wedding. All of Stu's groomsmen signed it!

Exhibit C: German Chocolate Cake. One of my mom's best. One of my many failures.

Anonymous –  (May 2, 2013 at 5:45 PM)  

After I initially left a comment I seem to have
clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and
now every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the
same comment. There has to be a way you can remove me from that service?
Cheers!

My site ... Green Coffee Diet

Post a Comment